Monday, January 31, 2011

My shower is dirty.

If you are a close friend and you've come up to the wick and stayed over I will clean my shower for you. If its a day visit, please do not pull back that closed curtain, because it may not be the tidiest most spic and span shower. Not the dirtiest (shudder), but not the cleanest. I don't spend hours scrubbing my bathroom, or my floors or my kitchen. They do get cleaned, but if I had the choice I would do anything rather than do dishes or scrub. I'd rather live life. I'd rather laugh with my roe and watch him grow and develop. I'd rather snuggle with my hub on the couch or go for a little walk or swim or go to the beach or eat ice cream or bake....

Yesterday morning we skipped church after a wedding on Saturday and snuggled with roe in our bed, I kept repeating ma ma and Paul did da da. Guess which one he decided to blurt out? That's right, da da. No joke. Now who knows how long it will be before he repeats it, and hopefully he'll say mama next.I'd like to just say how glad I am that I was not running around with the busyness of life and missed that moment (and the way Paul's face lit up!).

We did have to clean yesterday, my kr is heading over today just to snuggle with roe. She is an amazing friend. One who'll tell me how it is, and one who'll take a day off of work to visit with us (and drive the 1.5 hours each way), and a friends who would take a day off work to watch my son and love him so much while I spoke at my grandfather's funeral and said my final goodbyes. I hope that everyone can find a kr in their lives (and my jb, jb, bn, krm, lhl, nl, av, tb) and value that friendship, nurture the good ones and let the so so ones go, leave them by the wayside, don't be cruel about it but let them go, some people just aren't worth your time if we're being honest. That was the point of me starting this blog was honesty.

So the real mama view on this from me, is that you should have one or a few amazing friends (like when I got bn to babysit roe on a whim so Paul and I could go out to dinner just a few weeks ago) or like my jb (who watches our important family member (d) and snuggles him so much more then us at times). Or my other jb who is consistently keeping her eye out for fabulous outfits for my roe, or krm who sends her love whenever possible from sunny cali, or my nl who's little messages make us feel loved, or my lhl who provides encouragement, or tb who really says it like it is (and yes you are type a). And av who is always there to give me a moment and love on my roe so very much even with 4 of her own.

That you should leave some of your household chores, trust me they'll still be there when you are forced to do them; And just enjoy your life, take it all in, take some photos, laugh a lot. 

Times with my roe seem to be turning a corner (yes, like all you experienced mama's said it would) and we're having more and more good days. Fabulous snuggles, development galore and lovely laughs shared just between us. I am learning to take it the good, remember it, catalogue it and forget the crap. The crap has no place in my memory.

 chomping on an  apple to soothe his 2 new bottom teeth

So let your shower be dirty, let your kitchen pile up with dishes (as long as you've got a hub who'll clean them too :) and take in the beauty of your everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment