Saturday, January 15, 2011

the good.

My husband mentioned to me that he felt that I should talk about the good of being a mom. I advised him I'd blog about what I felt and that this was my format for utter honesty. With that the truth is he is right in that in the few days since beginning this blog I've not mentioned too many of the good I've found in motherhood. So here are a few things I enjoy about being a mom:

I enjoy no longer being pregnant and being able to see my babe and make sure he is safe. Really. A lot. I was and am so utterly blessed to be able to carry a child to term and after suffering a miscarriage when I didn't realize I was pregnant (we'd been trying) I appreciate this even more. We are so BLESSED. I am just saying that I am not one of those I excel and love being pregnant ladies. I am thankful that I can get through it though, and there is no better feeling than those tiny first kicks.

I love snuggling him. I am a big hugger but not usually a big snuggler and having this tiny being who just wants to be with me makes me feel pretty freaking awesome. And I do let him nuzzle into my neck.

I love playing with him as he develops, his dexterity, his cognitive abilities are amazing to see as they develop day by day. When one day he wakes up making new noises that I'd never heard from him before.

I enjoy the momships. The new friendships from my little babe. the comradeship of a nursing room with other moms and babes and the cocoon of understanding that you are accepted no questions asked into.

I love waking him up by saying good morning and seeing him raise his little head and tiny tuft of hair and smile when he makes eye contact with me.

I love watching Paul be a dad. it makes my heart melt a little every time roe finds him when he's home from work and a HUGE smile breaks out on both of their faces. Paul does not love slobber covered hands touching his face though :)

my boys on christmas morning

I love being a mom a lot of the time, but I find it trying too. I wouldn't change having my little man for anything and things have vastly improved from when he was a tiny newborn. its funny how you think that people are lying when they tell you it will improve, vastly. It really does though. I am excited to see what is to come <3

No comments:

Post a Comment