Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why Blog?

I had a friend's mom inquire as to why I was blogging instead of just journaling privately. She asked in a way which mentioned perhaps a difference in age would be the reason she viewed this differently, but another friend very much my age seemed to agree with her.

Truth is I've never really thought about why I blog. I knew a girl who blogged very similarly to my pregnancy blog (I followed her example for the most part and I believe she followed the ideas of dooce for blogging about her pregnancy). This was the first blog of a friend I knew and read consistently, this was a few years ago now. Since then I've attempted and for short periods of time maintained varying blogs, one on just Paul and I, one on my photography, one on my pregnancy and babes new life and now one on my view as a mama.

I close the old ones when I feel I am done with them. This is kind of odd when I think about it, but as mentioned here I feel like I need a different platform for different topics. Maybe this is the way I try to compartmentalize my life? Who knows. I am sure there is some way to read into it, but I really don't have the time or care right now.

In the last few years I've seen so many different blogs pop up from friends and different people who I didn't know, but their blogs resounded with me, I felt like we had something in common or I was just interested in their views on whatever they were talking/blogging about ( Kelle Hamptonpregnant chickencrunchy cursivesoaringcherry apple and byle) to name a few.

So I guess that is why I started this blog, I decided to bare it all to share publicly about what I've been going through and I guess I was thinking that maybe it would resonate with someone else out there. If not at least I'll be able to look back and see what was going on in my life during the months following our lives changing in one of the biggest ways possible.

I was also asked why I didn't just attend a mom's group and talk about this stuff there. I do attend a mama's group once every 2 weeks and I try to meet up with other moms when I can. We live in a rural area though and getting out to these meetings and seeing other people can be very very hard. It can also be super easy, like when I invite someone over, this is my favorite, as Monroe gets to nap in his bed and I get to visit without having to drive the minimum 30 minutes up to and hour drive just to visit with someone. You tell me how often you'd feel like doing that drive with a babe who hates the car seat unless you leave at his nap-time, which can also be tough to plan.

Monroe & I @ Red Tent

Nonetheless, if I lived in a big city and had friends living on either side of me I'd most likely still be blogging. Because I want to, and if you disagree with the concept of blogging to share your thoughts with all, then I guess don't read them. For me I've decided to read them and share my own stuff. You may disagree, but then you don't have to read or blog. To each their own, the glory of this beautiful world we live in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment