Thursday, September 29, 2011

Joy comes in the morning {mourning}

So we're unpacked, mostly.

My clothes are still in boxes, because well we're at that awkward in between season stage and quite frankly I am not sure which clothes to unpack and which to put in storage, so for now we live out of boxes, hampers and a few randomly hung articles of clothing.

Monroe's room, painted and set-up. Living room painted and set up. Dining room painted and halfway set up (we need to get some chairs to go with the free retro table we scored, may have something lined up for that). Our room is painted and well the boxes of close as previously discussed. Kitchen is unpacked and has suitably had the eat in kitchen table become a dumping ground for random important paperwork, bills and other papers that come in after moving.

It's coming together, and if I am to be honest I don't miss our old house. I miss our church, our neighbors & our friends. I find some disconnect in relating that I lived in that house for nearly 5 years, maybe because our new house seems so us? It fits us perfectly, the amount of space, the character, our furniture even fits in, in a fabulous way if I may say so myself.

The transition back to a full-time marriage and both parenting full-time has been a bit slower, you see me and Monroe sorted through some stuff these last 3 months, his routine slightly changed, we figured out a few new signals which I neglected to share with Paul. But we're working through that, we're sorting through the new and old and figuring out ways to make it work. I feel like our marriage has turned a huge corner, one where it started needing work, not just working like it used to. Interesting how that happens. Just as Monroe slightly changed in these last few months, so has our marriage.

On Monday I am doing two days of training for a private contracting position, this makes me nervous. I haven't worked in over 16 months, and the idea of my safe routine with roe changing yet again makes my heart feel a little funny.

That said my Aunt Jackie has lovingly stepped up to help watch him during my training and that makes me feel a lot better knowing how much she loves my roe and how much she'll take care of him! The support, love and encouragement of our friends and family here has been amazing and I even started attending a new mama's group.

Roe just awoke and off I go.

Love to you & yours.
b.

No comments:

Post a Comment