Friday, September 9, 2011

Farewell

I've mentioned before how very thankful I am for the amazing support and love for the last year plus of the mama's I've met at Red Tent. There were also a few friends outside of this group, mostly from church who've been very supportive, helpful and when we were dealing with the rush to list our house, they helped out and stepped up.

Now that we're moving in a week (wow), it seems that some people are dealing with it in very odd ways. A fellow mom yesterday publicly questioned why I needed someone to watch Monroe while we moved. Pardon? Then questioned what type of wife I was as I have mentioned how much we miss having my husband and Monroe's daddy around.

Which brings me to the question, how come people feel that everyone needs to parent in the same way? Have relationships in the same way?

We are all different and therefore bring up different people, if we all raised our children in the exact same way (I am not just talking vaccination here folks) then it would indeed be a very boring world. We all have differences of opinion, I like to think that most of us have tact as well.

Mom to mom, provide love and support to one another, don't judge my/our need for support, or that I/we are willing to ask for it. If you don't think you need it great (but this doesn't make anyone better or worse), and gives you absolutely no right to judge. But I do need support, and I am willing to ask for it.

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment