Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sans.

I met the newest little sweetheart today, her name is Rae and she is gorgeous, and so snuggly and just over 14 days old. I get what makes women do this pregnancy/birth/newborn/infant thing over and over again. I do.

Today I also got a solo day, one where I drove alone, and almost went into the customary carpool lane, then realized roe wasn't there. I listened to music, and then didn't. I then listened to silence glorious silence. I ran into a local fav restaurant in our old city (pho dau bo, we liked to say it was a-pho-da-bo get it affordable?) to get pick-up for the new mamas. alone.

After some lovely snuggles and discussion surrounding why midwives feel the need to recommend supplementing when a baby drops weight promptly after you give birth. Roe dropped at least 10% and we were prompted to give him formula, had I not been a bit stubborn and stood up for myself I could have easily been bullied into believing that I was doing something wrong. What is with our society and the need to not allow nature to runs its absolutely natural course? rant rant rant.

This was followed by hot drinks and dessert with my oldest and very dear friend my jb and good conversation.

I then headed home and was excited to see my boys, who were both exhausted after daddy decided to take them on a 3 hour lakeside hike this afternoon ( I think he's trying to one-up me). I love knowing that Paul can step up, he even said to me that he'd expected me a bit later and that I would have stayed for dinner with jb and ange who was supposed to show up later. But my obviously dying cell phone battery made me feel getting home would be best as I had no communication available to discuss dinner with him.

I love only being a little worried about roe not getting attached to a bottle. That was my biggest concern of the day. Because Paul is a great husband and father to me and my roe.

I guess I don't really have a point other then make sure you choose a good parent partner in your life. If you don't it's going to be tougher than it might otherwise be. You'll get through it I am sure, but having someone who gets you and your ideals and cares enough to ask about how to mix the veggies with rice cereal in a specific way is awesome. Having a day off is amazing. Coming home stress free and refreshed is even better. That would not be possible with anyone else than my other half.

cheesy I know, but so very true.

ps. Monroe now has 4 teeth, two sweet little one and two huge top front ones. I hate these top ones, they stole my happy bay away for 2 weeks and counting. Whoever tells awful stories about teething, they're true. seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment